In order to bring more traffic to your Instagram account and to make your social marketing efforts more effective you will need to track users’ behavior carefully. There are some helpful tools that can ease the process Keeping an eye on current situation constantly – is a good practice, that can help you to stay on track and to achieve your business goals in very short time periods.
Having useful tracking data on hand offers substantial benefits in making fast decisions. You can make urgent changes in your marketing strategy. So stop going “blindly” in the wrong direction. This will cost you money and time-loss and may lead to unrecoverable consequences.
- You will be able to improve the performance of your Instagram account optimizing content, according to the received data. All the underperforming mistakes will be revealed.
- In addition to that, you will also be able to track the growth rate of your followers which is much more crucial as compared to the total amount of followers that you may have which is commonly considered as a vanity metric.
It is important to keep a track on the growth rate of your Instagram followers simply because it will further help you to see what type of content works best for you. You can also find the most optimal posting frequency. You can use tools like the Influencer Dashboard to track the growth rate of your followers.
Instagram Engagement Tracking
The next thing to focus on – measuring the engagement rates like comments received from you audience and also likes.
- This way you find the average engagement percentage of the total Instagram followers you have.
- In addition to that, it will also help you to know the average engagement rate of each of the post.
All these metrics form a clear picture of how your posts are performing.
* It often turns out that accounts with smaller following audience have a higher engagement rate against the huge audience accounts
Click through rate tracking
Click Through Rate tracking by all means necessary thing. If you do not have a link to your website already in your Instagram bio it is wise to add one as soon as possible.
Once you do, you can now measure the number of people clicking through to your URL. Ideally, according to Conversion XL:
- The average click-through rate on Instagram is 0.94%
- If your Instagram marketing techniques are more effective the CTR might be higher
- If you find that the CTR is low you should work on improving your marketing approach
- In order to make sure that you track the CTR correctly you will need to use specific tools such as Sprout Social. This tool monitors all clicks on your link in comparison to engagements and impressions.
Some tips and tools to follow
Instagram, has dominated the world of social media. It’s, perhaps, the best platform to go if you want to share pictures and videos with others that account to more than 1 billion monthly active users, almost half of them – business accounts.
There are billions of likes and comments handed out each day across all social media channels and therefore to scoop out a part of these users up, you will have to play your part responsibly.
First, you will need to switch your Instagram profile to the Business Profile assuming that you have not done this yet. One of the benefits of Business account – lots of free tools and insights, like demographic data tracking. This will let you understand your audience better: age, gender, location
This will help you to address your product teasers with more accurate targeting. But try not to overdo. All newbies start pushing too much. And basing on latest research – most of decisions to “unfollow” accounts arrases mainly when user feels himself overloaded with offers and promotion content.
Renew and extend your audience by promoting you posts via sponsored ads. This helps you to reach out to your target audiences that may not be following your brand yet. Sometimes even a single sponsored post may be just enough to get them hooked.
Make use of Instagram Stories. Post the “behind-the-scenes” images or videos. Things like that have a personal touch that is truly appreciated by followers. These kind of insider posts will help you to strengthen relationship with your customers.
It’s a good idea to cooperate with influencers. Even micro influencers can have a larger fan base than you. Try to choose those, who work at the same field with you. In this case recommendations for your products or services most likely will hit the right audience.
You can leverage the power of user-generated contents by re-posting the images that are shared by your customers by turning it into a contest with the help of any interactive branded hashtag. To know more about using hashtags read our fresh article: Why Instagram hashtags are important.
Make sure that you have a ready photo and text content reserve. Check the most active days and hours of your audience and create a schedule of future posts according to this information. Make your best to posting constantly.
When you measure your Instagram marketing efforts correctly, tracking all needed user data like growth rate, engagement rate, and your click-through rate you save your audience from useless experiments and minimize the risks of users’ droppings.